What we collect
We collect the information you provide to us via the website, including information such as
- where you order products, we will collect your name, contact details and billing information, transaction and credit card information.
- when you visit our Website, we may record the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com, your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website.
- when you register with us to receive our e-mails or details of offers or products we will collect your e-mail address;
How is the data collected
Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact details and other data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email, phone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- buy our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
What do we do with this data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- processing your orders.
- to analyse the use of the Website, for example: when you visit our website we may record when and how you interact with our website. This information is retained and used to note your interest in our website, improve customer journeys and personalise your experience where possible.
- we may use the information to improve our products and services.
- if you consent to be sent promotional e-mail about new products, special offers and services or other information from anay and jay unless you have asked us not to do so when you registered as a user on this site and/or where you update your marketing and communication preferences. To manage your marketing and communication preferences, please go to the preferences section in your account
- We may disclose your personal information to legal entities within the anay and jay group of undertakings, and to authorised third parties. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
- In so doing we may disclose your personal information to authorised third party service providers who help us to provide our services such as:
- Payment providers to facilitate purchases
- Fulfilment providers to facilitate order management, packaging and delivery
- Marketing and advertising providers in order to personalise your experience
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Where legally compelling grounds exist, we may also disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies, and otherwise in the defence of legal claims.
- We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Online media channels
- We may use information from online media sources such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms. This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively. Where we use information from these sources, we will respect any permissions you have set about how you would like your information to be used. We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any online media channels, so these can be followed.
- The General Data Protection Regulation provides for rights of access, modification and deletion of your personal information.
- You can submit your rights servicing request at email@example.com